Monday, August 11, 2008

Conduit August 11

I'm back in the saddle here in Nashville for the time being. I left Saturday night and drove straight home. I wanted to beat my personal land speed record between Grand Island, NE and Franklin, TN but that record will remain at 12 hours and 4 minutes. My attempt to beat it was defeated by a little something called common sense.

I was on the phone with my friend Chris Markgraf around midnight getting close to Mount Vernon, IL when I started hallucinating cows. I wish I could say I was kidding. I seriously swerved not once, but twice when I saw a cow that didn't exist.

I pulled over at a truck stop, laid my seat back. I was frustrated and didn't think I'd be able to sleep anyway, thought about getting back on the road. 2 hours later I shot straight up with no idea where I was, how I got there, and what to do about it. I'm not entirely sure how long it was before I figured out where I was, but it felt like a very long time.

You'd be surprised how awake you can get with the windows down, a large coffee, some sunflower seeds and Chicago's Greatest Hits on XM Radio. You would also be surprised at how big of a speeding ticket you could get. I thought about playing the sympathy card when the cop asked "are you heading to an emergency" but decided that this was useless. (besides it was at the Coopertown exit on I-24. those cops have been on the local Nashville news for their prowess in picking off guys like me)

I've lived this past week in the Word. It's very timely that we're going through how to approach the Word. I feel like I've learned some stuff, have heard directly from the Lord on some stuff, and want to share that stuff with you tonight.

As for updates on my personal journey, I'm taking that straight to the blog at www.darrentyler.com and keep them up through my personal facebook here. You can subscribe to the updates on the blog site. Thanks to eveyrone for your prayers, kind notes, emails, and for reaching out to my Wife and children these past 10 days.

God is still good. He never stopped. We'll talk about him tonight. His Word truly was a lamp unto my own feet these past 10 days.

Tonight at 7:30 at Journey Ecclesia at Building 8 in the Factory in Franklin, TN.

No comments: