Monday, February 16, 2009

Conduit Feb 17- Exodus 13

I’m writing this from lovely and apparently historic Duluth, MN located squarely on the shores of the grand Lake Superior. Tonight marks the first of a 24 city tour that will last the next 30 days and span 8,000 miles. I am relieved that the temperature was 30 degrees today. It is a full 60 degrees warmer than it was last month. Let that set in for a minute.

I am so fortunate to work with the bands that I do. As a manager I’m not just looking for someone who is talented but someone who has something to say. Fame and Christianity can be strange bedfellows but at it’s simplest, at it’s best, fame is nothing more than a platform to speak from. If you’re famous, actually having something to say from that platform comes in kind of handy.

When I was younger I had these plans to become famous so I could reach a bunch of folks. I had these plans that if I were on a stage that I could accomplish so much for the kingdom. Those were my plans. They were not Gods.

God’s plans were better than mine. If I were the guy on stage then I could only accomplish what I accomplished on one stage at a time. Where he has me now I am involved in the process of putting multiple bands on multiple stages. On any given night there are multiple bands in multiple cities reaching exponentially more folks than I could’ve on just my own.

God’s plans, God leading us, that’s what we’re going to talk about tomorrow night at Conduit. In Exodus 13, we see that God led the people of Israel by a cloud by day and a fire by night. I was reading in Psalms 105 the account that David wrote of this and something jumped out at me that I had never seen before. If you’re looking for God’s leading in a situation, please join us tomorrow night at Conduit.

Tomorrow is different though. We are NOT meeting at Journey. In fact, we’re not “meeting” at all. I’m going to be webcasting from the North Dakota stop on the Kutless, Disciple and Stellar Kart tour. I’m hoping to drag some of the artists into the study.

7:30pm at www.mogulus.com/conduit.

Hope you can make it.
Darren

No comments: