Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another update from on the ground in Haiti

This is from Renee who is a missionary at the Hands and Feet Project in Jacmel www.handsandfeetproject.org
“right now I don’t know when we can get out. I think in few days we will be able to do it. Its really bad. The whole country is cut off from PAP and its supply line. We bought about 100 gallons of diesel this morning and the kids are sitting in the yard still. The tremors are still on and off and it really gives you a sick feeling like the world is coming to an end. CRAZY. I do think I’ll make it back by next week, but keep Jamie and Leslie on call. They’re awesome. Hey guys….The airport is closed except for aid coming in. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get out of here. I’m glad that I was here so that we can help. The kids at this point….aren’t that scared. Many of them are having fun with it. Its been like a big camp out. The adults are a little frazzled to say the least. I hope to get out some time next week.”
thanks everyone for your prayers and donations. God is on the move.

No comments: